What is Pencil Skirt? Get the basics!
You may now be asking, “What’s a pencil skirt?” It is very simple! A pencil skirt is a slim, streamlined skirt that fits close to the body. The pencil skirt’s narrow, straight cut is reminiscent of the shape of a pencil. This gives it its name. Although the hem of a pencil skirt usually touches the knees in most cases, the longer versions have made quite a splash this season. The pencil skirt dress is timeless! It’s impossible to challenge the pencil skirt dress when you already know what to wear with it to make yourself look fabulous!
All ages of women love pencil skirts. Teenagers love pencil skirts, especially when they are entering college. Pencil skirt dresses are back in fashion, giving the wearer a more subtle and cocooned look. Pencil skirts can restrict movement while walking because they closely follow the contours of the legs. It is often stitched with a vent at the back, which creates more leg room.
How to Wear a Pencil Skirt
The first step to mastering the pencil skirt dress is learning how to wear it. The traditional skirt was formal wear, but they were reintroduced to mainstream fashion in 2018.
The modern skirt has evolved to fit every girl’s taste. You can choose from A-line, pencil, accordion, bubble, or A-line skirts to match your style. The pencil skirt is one of the most popular types. This article will show you how to effortlessly rock a pencil skirt outfits and the different tops that can be worn with them.
Combination of the pencil skirt and crop top
- Crop tops are fun and flirty and show off your midriff. The pencil skirt and crop top are a great combination!
- A plain white crop top paired with a black or grey body-hugging pencil short skirt will make you look professional and elegant in one go. Crop tops and high-waisted pencil skirts are great options. Monochrome colours are safer, but you can always break up the skirt with a shirt outfit by choosing contrasting colours for the top and bottom. The pencil skirt with a top isn’t an unusual choice, and it works great every time.
Formal Pencil Skirt Outfit
- You can easily incorporate the pencil skirt and top combination into your corporate dress code. Formal pencil skirts can be powerful. There are many options for colours, fabrics, and patterns. A black pencil skirt is the best choice if you prefer to stay in standard colours.
- The classic office look of a skirt and shirt is a combination you can easily put together as if it were a last-minute outfit. A slimmer silhouette will be achieved by wearing slim shoes and a pencil skirt with a top and long pants.
Floral Pencil Skirt Outfit
- A floral pencil skirt can give your outfit the lift it needs. The floral pencil skirt’s tight bodycon skirt can add elegance to an otherwise sober outfit.
- There are many floral lovers! It’s possible to look stunning in the floral tube and fitted skirts. Enjoy the scent of flowers and pair your outfit with bold stilettos. A pencil skirt dress is a great choice!
Black Pencil Skirt Outfit
- A black pencil skirt outfit is formal enough. Every woman should have a black pencil skirt in her wardrobe. Many options include mini-skirts, knee-length skirts, and long straight skirts.
- Leather pencil skirts, while bold, are not for everyone. If you can pull it off, layer your outfit with tops such as polka dots or stripes. You will rock the party look with a black pencil skirt, giving you an edge.